Saturday, September 10, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Nothing can ruin my work day (or night as the case may be) like a printer that won't print. When technology doesn't work, it really slows down my productivity and aggravates my life like you wouldn't believe. Like I've mentioned before, I have a husband who sacrifices his piece of mind to deal with technical insanity. BUT he's sleeping right now, so I attempt to do it myself.

The printer says it has a paper jam. Okay I say. I take apart the back, like it instructs me to. I see a tiny piece of paper. I take it out. Phew! That was easy. Until I try to print something else. Paper jam again. I take apart the back three times and I still don't see any paper jam. I turn off the printer thinking maybe it's having a bad night and needs some meditation time. You know, time to itself. I turn it back on hoping it has worked out any issues on its on own. No such luck. I truly feel like taking my baseball bat to it.

I try to make sense of why I must go through this type of aggravation. I mean, how is this helping me? The only thing I've come up with is that I am only so lucky to be sitting in my air-conditioned house with enough food and water blogging about how aggravated I am that my printer isn't cooperating. There are people in third world countries right now sleeping on dirt floors with the bugs, starving and probably wishing for my kind of 'problems'.

No comments:

Post a Comment